Friday, January 15, 2010
The Niagara Times Blog - THE Best Example of What's Wrong in Niagara County
1) A person has an idea, or supports an idea.
2) Whoever's pulling your strings tells you that you don't like this idea.
3) You decide you don't like this idea.
4) You call the person who had or supports the idea a negative name.
5) You call the idea a negative name, make up untrue things about it.
6) You've made up a name for yourself so no one knows who you are. Maybe it's "Hobbes," something clever, so nobody can tell if you admire a philosopher from almost 500 years ago or a stuffed tiger, or are just being ironically funny. (In any case, you can feel like a secret agent, a hired assassin, a sniper, or a spy).
7) Make up more clever names so you can sign more comments you make & everyone will think others agree with you.
8) Learn a new vocabulary word every day. Use it three times and it's yours.
9) Call this whole process "Civil Discourse."
Note: try to avoid looking at yourself in the mirror.